The International University of Scholars Academic Council was formed under the Bangladesh Private University Act 2010. It overlooks matters such as -
- Being responsible for Student Admission, quality development, and maintaining the education and examination processes of the University, also controlling and supervising issues related to them.
- Preparing Curriculum and Syllabus and determining the research topics according to the University Grants Commission's relevant policies and provisions of the constitution, as subject to the approval of the Syndicate.
- Apply other powers, perform duties as assigned by the University Statutes, and give advice on all educational matters.
The Academic Council of the International University of Scholars comprises the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Md. Mamunur Rashid, Vice-Chancellor (Incharge) and Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Science
- Dr. Rowsanara Akhter, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Incharge), Associate Professor, Department of Natural Science
- All Department Heads -
- Dr. Md. Julfikar Ali, Treasurer, Associate Professor & Department Head (Business Administration)
- Engr. Md. Ahsan Arif, Associate Professor & Department Head (CSE)
- Mr. Faisal Bin Alam, Associate Professor & Department Head (Textile Engineering)
- Mr. A K M Monzurul Islam, Assistant Professor & Department Head (Natural Science)
- Mr. Shaiyek Md. Buland Taslim, Assistant Professor & Department Head (EEE)
- Mr. Md. Najmul Huda, Lecturer & Department Head (English)
4. Faculty members nominated based on seniority and hierarchy from each Department -
- Mr. Anirban Sarker, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mr. S M Nahidul Islam, Assistant Professor, Business Administration
- Mr. Golam Kaderye, Lecturer, Computer Science and Engineering
- Mr. Mohsin Uddin, Lecturer, Textile Engineering
5. Three Educationists nominated by the University of Scholars Board of Trustees -
- Mr. Md. Ariful Hoque, Vice Chairman, BOT
- S M Faysal, Joint Treasurer, BOT
- Mr. Md. Jahangir Al Jilani, Member, BOT
6. Two Academicians nominated by the Syndicate Committee -
- Mr. Salah Uddin Ahmed MBA
- Professor Dr. Nazrul Islam
7. Capt. Mobashwer Ali Khandaker, psc, BN (Retd), Registrar (also the Secretary of this Council).