BA in English (Hons)
Goals and Objectives
The Department of English aims to foster critical thinking of the students through promoting studies in English language, literature and humanities. The motto of the department is to develop research-oriented efficiency, communication and analytical skills of the students so that they can contribute to make a knowledge-based society and become a part of the global village.
Four Years (spread over Eight semesters) for B.A. (Hons.) in English.
Number of Credits:
Total 127 Credits
Approximately Total Fee : Tk. 3,66,000/-
Currently with 65% Waiver: Tk. 1,59,625/- (During Admission Fair)
Numerous scholarships as well as awards, such as Merit Scholarships, Vice Chancellor’s Award, Dean’s Award etc. are available on the basis of SSC and HSC results and academic performance.
News and Events:
The inauguration ceremony of English Club was held at IUS conference room on November 13, 2018 (Tuesday).
- B.A. (Hons.) in English (Streams: Literature, Applied Linguistics and ELT)
- M.A. in English (Streams: Literature & Cultural Studies and Applied Linguistics & ELT) (proposed)
The Department of English currently offers BA (Hons) in English. The Bachelor of Arts in English is designed to instruct students to be able to use the language for scholarly and practical purposes. It covers a range of areas and texts but can be approached using the focus of literature or the focus of linguistics. Literature study concentration introduces students on relating works to their historical and social context or wider questions of artistic meaning and aims to train a robust analytical coordination, encouraging students to contextualise literary works in relation to their historical and cultural realities. A critical and analytical focus is induced through interactions with theoretical materials and writing exercises. On the contrary, linguistics and ELT study includes cognitive approaches, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics and creative writing which develop students’ writing skills and academic insight. All English studies will train students in cultural, literary and linguistic theories, facilitating them to develop the high-level creative and analytical skills needed for interactions, whether academic or professional.
Tuition Fee Waiver:
Up to 65% (During Admission Fair)
- Spring Semester (January – June)
- Fall Semester (July – December)
Credit Transfer Facility: Credit Transfer facilities are available.
Exam Schedule: As per academic calendar
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) (4 years, 8 semesters)
1. A student should have at least second division or minimum GPA of 2.5 in both SSC & HSC examinations, combined total (SSC+HSC) being not lower than 6.00.
2. A student must have at least 5 subjects in O Level and 2 subjects in A Level (Must have minimum B grade in 4 subjects of O Level and minimum C grade in 2 subjects in A Level).
3. For the children of Freedom Fighters: A minimum GPA of total 5.00 in SSC and HSC examinations (Freedom Fighters Certificate must be produced).
|Name of the Head||Md. Sajjad Hossain
|Mailing Address||Department of English
Int’l University of Scholars (IUS)
F/15, Pragati Sarani, Middle Badda
|Contact Details||Phone: +88 02 55054802-03
E-mail: [email protected]
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 45 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes