The International University of Scholars Syndicate Committee was formed under the Bangladesh Private University Act 2010. It overlooks matters such as -
- The University’s academic functions, Administrative functions, and general care
- The University’s annual action plan and budget review made by the finance committee and recommendation finalizations for the approval of the Board of Trustees
- University statutes and subject to the provisions of this act, creating terms and conditions related to the University’s teachers, employees, and officers, the responsibilities and duties of these positions as mentioned above, the terms of service and salary scale, student fee determination and also sending the recruitment proposals to the Board of Trustees (BOT) the University’s examinations and its approval of results as recommended by the Academic Council.
- The supervision and protection of all the University’s certificates of Examination and the security symbol of the certificate.
- Ensuring that the University’s discipline is maintained at all levels, providing a remedy for anti-discipline behavior, and making decisions by recommendation of the disciplinary committee for punishment after examining the proposals.
- Sexual harassment incidents of the University at all levels and making decisions by recommendation of the disciplinary committee for punishment after examining the proposals in cases of sexual harassment.
- Considering recommendations of the Academic Council and then giving decisions.
- Confirming arrangements for the appropriate preservation of the University’s student registration, examination results, accounts and recording other vital letters, drafting a constitution for the University and submitting it to the Board of Trustees for their approval and,
- Issuing Annual Reports through the Board of Trustees by the Chancellor, Government, and University Grants Commission (UGC).
The Syndicate Committee of the International University of Scholars comprises the following members:
- Prof. Dr. Md. Mamunur Rashid, Vice-Chancellor (In-charge) and Dean, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Dr. Rowsanara Akhter, Pro-Vice Chancellor(In-charge), Associate Professor, Department of Natural Science
- Dr. Md. Julfikar Ali, Treasurer, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Business Administration
- Engr. Md. Ahsan Arif, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Mr. Faisal Bin Alam, Associate Professorand Head, Department of Textile Engineering
- Mr. Shaiyek Md. Buland Taslim, Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- An Academician or Educationist (nominated by the Government),
- Syeda Nowara Jahan (Joint Secretary at Government of Bangladesh)
8. Three members nominated by the International University of Scholars Board of Trustees-
- Mr. Md. Ariful Hoque, Vice Chairman and Member, Board of Trustees
- Mr. Md. Jahangir Al Jilani, Member, Board of Trustees
- Mr. Abdul Hasib Siddique, Member, Board of Trustees
9. Prof. Dr. Kaberi Gayen, a Representative from the University Grants Commission (UGC),
10. Capt. Mobashwer A Khandaker, psc, BN (Retd), Registrar (also the Secretary of this Committee).